26 March, 2013

Happiness is...


Happiness is found in appreciating the small things.

Small things can make a big impact.  Just as the small things can set us off after a long hard day, get us at the right time or for no apparent reason at all – they can also do a world of good, make someone’s (or your own) day, encourage smiles, make you feel good and a whole bunch of other warm fuzzies.

Learning to see the good in everything - the silver lining if you will (and hey everyone loves a bit of silver!), sometimes is a challenge. It pushes you to think outside your comfort zone. It a process that takes patience and learning. It is achievable and the outcome is a happier more positive you. What could be better than that? And sometimes it’s not just seeing the good within the ‘bad’, but learning to be grateful for all the wonderful things that surround us every day.

My happiness this week
  •  Is found in a mug full of peach and green tea.
  • Pretty painted nails
  • Wearing things that make me smile (regardless of what others think) – my gold moustache necklace and my big gold resin bangle.
  • Waking up to “Good Morning!!!!!” messages from TM. Although they are becoming few and far between – when I get them, I appreciate them that much more!
  •  Planning out my last few months in Japan (although I’m fretting over money) and thinking of all the fun things I’m going to do.
  • Being OCD about my pens and how neat my study book is!
  • My cute Harajuku Mini pencil tin from Sugar Foot. I absolutely love it and its ability to house my OCD pens!
  • The warmer days. Spring and the cherry blossoms are almost here!
  •  My new found love for the colour pink.
  • Challenging myself to do things outside my comfort zone – planning days to go hiking up mountains and mammoth bike rides!
  •  Relaxing and being cozy in bed watching all my favourite shows.
  • Moving my bed back to its non-winter position under the window! 

No comments:

Post a Comment