28 November, 2010

making up is hard to do...

I feel like everyone is writing about their makeup routines and their beauty habits, so i'm joining in! Since the colder weather has set in and I can finally wear makeup without it sliding on off and leaving me with a sweaty and freckled face.

For a friends birthday recently I decided to do a full face of makeup (as opposed to the slightly quicker and less "done" look I wear everyday). A few friends commented and said they really liked it, and I have to agree! I also really like how it looked in the photos...


done and dusted.




(and for the record I always pose like this.)


baseline.


So after I wash my face I moisturise with Clinique Moisture Surge and use Clinique Surge Extra Refreshing Eye Gel. I then use Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot - pre-foundation skin primer.

THE face!



Ok so it kinda looks like a lot and well it kinda is, but i think its worth it!
  • I mix the Dodo Pearl Base (which is like a tinted primer/liquid bronzer) with Innoxa Oil Free Makeup SPF15 Flawless Matt Finish Foundation in Natural Beige and apply that with the foundation brush.
  • I then touch up any blemishes with the Dermablend Concealer using the smaller end of the foundation brush or my finger (the heat from my fingers warms it up a little which makes it easier to apply).
  • After that I use L'Oreal Bare Naturals Gentle Mineral Makeup in Natural Beige to give some colour and set the liquid foundation.
  • Finally I use Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Loose Powder in Warm Light as a bronzer to give me clour and a bit of a glow, using the other brush in the picture.
The eyes have it.



  • First I apply the Dermablend Concealer to my eyelids to ensure an even coverage and make my eyeshadow last a bit longer.
  • Next, i've been using this eyeshadow for so long and I love it..although looks like i'm going to need more! Napoleon Perdis Prismatic Eyeshadow Quad #13. I use the darkest brown as the main colour and then accent in the corners with the gold and lighter bronzy gold colour at the top.
  • I line my eyes with Maybelline Eye Definer - Liquid Eyeliner in Noir Black.
  • I finish off with Maxfactor Masterpiece Volume and Definition Mascara.
I left my lips quite neutral - i'm not big on lipsticks...unless it's red! I just used a simple lip balm and L'Oreal Glass Shine lipgloss in Mauve Twinkle.

So that's it! This is my "for special occasions" face, my everyday face is a lot less time consuming but much the same colour wise. Hope you enjoyed this peak into my makeup life.

peace and primer
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment